Which guidelines do I need to follow?
- Social distance before, during and after the activity: the minimum distance of 1.5 meters must be respected by all participants. Before participating, consult the circulation plan of your activity so that you have an overview of the layout of the site.
- Hand hygiene before, during and after the activity: before and after the activity and before and after using the toilet, you should disinfect your hands with hand gel or wash them with soap and water. Also avoid unnecessary contact with objects: only touch what you need to participate in the activity!
- A mouth mask is no longer obligated outdoors and neither indoor in Flanders : however in certain zones it is recommended to wear a mouth mask.
- Keep your distance from our employees: our employees will continue to support you before and after the activity and are always there for questions or in case of problems. But they too must be able to perform their job in a safe manner. Keep the minimum distance of 1.5 meters.
- Personal items can be left in The Shelter or, in the case of trips down the Dyle or Demer, taken in our car to the end point. However we still recommend to leave your belongings at home, in your car or take it with you during your activity (in adapted pcking material). Note: Each person is responsible for their own material. Personal material will not be compensated for loss or damage before, during or after the activity.
- Our general rules and conditions stay valid for every activity unless communicated otherwise: these can be found on the page per activity, the practical information and the general conditions.
Each participant undertakes to adhere to the predefined guidelines before, during and after the activity. If not, a participant can be refused to participate.
The circulation plan of The Shelter
The circulation plan of each activity has been drawn up in such a way that the minimum distance of 1.5 meters is taken into account.
Please note: we expect participants of activities to be present 30 minutes before the chosen departure time so that you can go through the entire circulation plan in a timely and safe manner. (e.g. chosen starting time 10h30 = present at 10h!)
View The Shelter's general circulation plan
We have implemented the necessary measures in our operations to protect the health of both participants and employees from the spread of COVID-19. Below an overview:
- We developed a full plan in which we included the measures and guidelines of the Security Council and applied them to the operation of our company.
- For both participants and employees, circulation plans have been drawn up for our location in Korbeek-Dijle, the end point in Heverlee, Leuven and Wilsele, at the departure and arrival points on the Demer (Diest-Zichem-Langdorp-Aarschot-Betekom) and for activities on land, applying the social distance, recommended-mask-zones and hand-cleaning-zones.
- Our location in Korbeek-Dijle is divided into cleaning zones that are cleaned at least once a day with suitable cleaning and disinfecting agents.
- The above zones are sufficiently ventilated during the day by supplying natural air through windows and doors.
- All our employees are equipped with the necessary personal protective equipment to ensure the safety of both participants and colleagues.
- A better spread has been created and a maximum number of participants per departure hour or activity has been determined.
- General information about the measures and guidelines within The Shelter can be found on our website and updates are spread via our social media channels and the newsletter.
- On our location in Korbeek-Dyle the necessary instruction panels and collective protection appliances are applied.
The above measures also apply for the implementation of our youthcamps, MTB Experience courses and the Café & Terrace.
Cancellation due to COVID-19
What if the booked activity can't take place due to COVID-19 measures?
In case an activity can't take place on the forseen date due to COVID-19 measures, you'll receive a voucher for the value of the paid amount which you can use to rebook the activity to another date or to choose another activity from our offer for the voucher amount. The voucher can be used to a maximum of one year after the original reservation date.